Bespoke Outdoor Education Activities and Programs
Saltwater Eco specalise in creating bespoke Outdoor Learning Experiences for small to medium sized groups of local and International Students. We design and facilitate marine and environmentally focused programs bringing together recreation, education, conservation and culture. Our primary objective is to connect your students to the natural world, showcasing the best that our region has to offer; in a fun, safe and interactive way.
Program itineraries can be as simple as a single, half day activity through to numerous activities
over multiple days.
Activities We Offer
GUIDED SNORKELING & MARINE EDUCATION
The Matakana Coast boasts two worlds class Marine Reserves; Goat Island and Tawharanui and the environmentally significance Whangateau Harbour, prized for it’s unique mangrove snorkeling.
- Guided Snorkel Lessons / Tours
- Marine Reserve and Non – Marine Reserve Comparisons
- Estuarine and Mangrove Habitats
- Rocky and Sandy Shore Explorations
- Sea Bird and Shore Bird Identification
- Marine Mammal Spotting
LEARNING TO SURF
Surfing a the perfect way to connect to the ocean, and the beautiful whites sands and clear waters of Omaha Beach offer safe and enjoyable learner waves, perfect for beginners.
- Beginner Surf Lessons
- Water and Beach Safety
- Basic Oceanography Concepts
CONSERVATION IN ACTION
We facilitate our own conservation workshops as well a working closely with the Department of conservation (DOC) and local community groups enabling your student’s to experience NZ conservation efforts first hand.
- Ocean Plastics Education Session and Beach Clean
- Habitat Restoration (Tree Planting and Nursery Work)
- Stand Up Paddle boarding Lessons
- Goat Island Marine Discovery Centre Tours
- Kayak Hire